"So continuing daily with one accord in the temple and breaking bread from house to house — the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved"-(Acts 2:46-47).
What is a home group and what will it look like?
These small groups of 8 to 12 people will be for new believers and mature Christians alike. It is an opportunity to come together for mutual encouragement through prayer, the study of God's Word and the development of close personal relationships. It is a place to develop Mature Christians in preaching, teaching and ministering in the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Why are we doing home groups?
There are several reasons why we do the home groups is to extend the love and compassion so many have found at Dunamis Church into thousands of homes all around the city, connecting people and changing lives. To help and prepare new believers to settle well into the church environment and answer all their questions they might have.
What is the Biblical basis for home groups?
Jesus ministered to the masses, but He chose to develop the faith of His closest disciples in the context of a small group. The book of Acts and the Epistles of Paul often make reference to the early believers meeting in homes.
God's Word exhorts us to "love one another", to "pray for one another" and to "build up one another". Small groups offer us a better opportunity to fulfill this calling as we form close relationships with each other, pray for one another's needs and ultimately help each other to become mature disciples of Jesus Christ.
What is expected of a Home Group Leader?
Home Group leaders will be responsible for overseeing the home group meetings, guiding the discussions, delegating responsibilities within the group and, most importantly, helping to develop new leaders from the group.
What are the qualifications of a Home Group Leader?
At Dunamis Church we see every Christian as a potential leader. We fully expect that hundreds of new leaders will be raised up over the next few years.
The qualifications for home group leadership are as follows:
• Having an ongoing, born-again relationship with Jesus Christ
• A tithing member of Dunamis Church
• Having been water baptized after a personal decision for Christ
• Having been baptized in the Holy Spirit
• Being submitted to the spiritual authority of the pastor and elders of the church
• Willing and able to open your home for 10 to 12 people on a regular basis
• Having the complete support of your spouse
• Being committed to faithful attendance of Dunamis Church services and possessing a vibrant personal relationship with the Lord as evidenced by fellowship, daily prayer and reading of the Word
If you feel you meet these qualifications and have a passion to serve, please let us know. You are needed!